Thursday, June 5, 2014

Apple Topped Spiced Cake


While planning to visit yet another family friend, my mom said something about buying a tart or cake to bring along. Personally, I felt it was unfair that one family friend got homemade goodies, while another one would get store-bought. So I decided to whip up a quick cake.

The recipe for the cake itself is the same as this one, but without the fruits, and with more milk and oil (215 g and 111 g respectively). I topped it with hand-whipped whipped cream (whipping cream and some icing sugar).



I cooked apple slices (thicker than the ones I use for apple tarts) in some brown sugar syrup, before laying them on top of the whipped cream. Then I dusted the whole thing in cinnamon, and glazed the apples with a bit of leftover apple glaze that I had from one of the last times I made apple tarts, which I flavored with a dash of rosewater.


No comments:

Post a Comment