Saturday, October 4, 2014

Birthday Apple Tart


For my mom's birthday this year, I scribbled a few ideas during one of my classes (shhh don't tell my professor). I know from over the summer that she loves the apple tarts I make (see here and here). So at least one of the desserts was decided on.

I could not really take my time to make desserts this time, since I had spent the first half of the afternoon helping my brother. Afterwards, I left him to go to the kitchen and cook and bake. I made a spinach lasagna for the main dish, accompanied by a simple lettuce and corn salad.


It was my intention to start with the dough I still had in the freezer from one of the previous tarts. Unfortunately, it did not defrost on time (lack of foresight on my part), so I quickly made a new batch. I used a whole recipe for a thicker crust this time, after my parents mentioned wanting more crust in the tarts.


My parents bought Boskoop apples, which are a bit more sour, but one of the best varieties to cook. Due to the additional sourness, however, I had to sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the apples before baking. Besides these modifications to the crust and the apple type, the recipe is much the same as all the other times I made apple tarts!



No comments:

Post a Comment