Sunday, February 1, 2015

Triple Cheesecakes


Did I mention that I received some new springform pans for Christmas? I got about 4 of them, around 10.5 cm in diameter. Since with these, I now have a total of 8 mini springform pans, I used the opportunity to test some different recipes for cheesecakes, all in one go! As you can see, I made 3 types, and I made 2 of each type. They all have a butter cookie crust (with a tiny bit of almond).


Let me describe them from left to right:

Classic Cheesecake: This is a twist the "classic" recipe I usually use, with cream cheese and Greek yogurt (as sub for sour cream or fromage blanc that I used to use). I flavored this with rose, and topped with a berry sauce and cinnamon whipped cream.

Ricotta Cheesecake: I read somewhere about a cheesecake made out of ricotta, so I wanted to test it, since ricotta is a much lighter cheese than cream cheese. I flavored this one with lemon zest and lemon juice, topped with somewhat candied lemon slices. Although it was indeed lighter, I felt that the slight grittiness due to the ricotta's texture wasn't what I was looking for in cheesecake.

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake: This recipe was pure Greek yogurt, although I added a bit of starch to stabilize the mix. I really enjoyed the creaminess. I left this one vanilla flavored, and topped with a bit of berry sauce, and cinnamon whipped cream.

Served with more cinnamon whipped cream.


THREE CHEESECAKE RECIPES (filling only)
  Ingredients

     Classic Cheesecake [2 x 12 cm pan]
  • 200 g cream cheese
  • 125 g Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/3 eggs' worth of egg replacer
  • 1/3 lemon's juice
  • . rose water
  • sugar
  • topping
     Ricotta Cheesecake [2 x 10.5 cm pan]
  • 250 g ricotta
  • 2/3 eggs' worth of egg replacer
  • 1/6 cup cream
  • 1 lemon's zest
  • 1/2 lemon's juice
  • sugar
  • topping
     Greek Yogurt Cheesecake [2 x 10.5 cm pan]
  • 285 g Greek yogurt (~2 cups)
  • 1 egg's worth of egg replacer
  • 1/2 tbs cornstarch
  • 1 pack vanilla sugar
  • sugar
  • topping
  Procedure
  1. Mix all ingredients except the topping.
  2. Pour into prepared pan (with prepared crust/base).
  3. Bake at 180°C for 15 mins.
  4. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
  5. Top as desired, and serve.
  Tips

     Put a pan filled with water on a rack underneath the cheesecakes while baking to provide steam and prevent cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment